Winter wreaks havoc on your skin. The low humidity and biting cold outside combined with the low humidity and heating inside means your skin is in desperate need of moisture.
You may have chapped lips, wind-burnt cheeks, or other inflamed areas of your face. And the moisturizer you’ve been applying all winter may only be a short-term fix before you notice the peeling and itchy sensation on your dry face again.
Spring officially began March 20, so why not celebrate a return to warmer weather by hydrating your skin after a long, dry winter?
A HydraFacial is the perfect treat for moisture-depleted skin.
What is a HydraFacial?
A HydraFacial is a non-laser treatment that uses a vortex of water and suction to cleanse, exfoliate, extract, hydrate, and protect skin. The result is clearer, more beautiful skin with no discomfort or downtime. A facial takes about 45 minutes. This is a great stand-alone treatment, or something you can do in a series.
How Does a HydraFacial Restore Moisture?
The multi-step HydraFacial treatment cleanses, exfoliating and extracting impurities and dead skin cells while, at the same time, adding vital nutrients such as antioxidants, peptides, and hyaluronic acid. All of this is done with the help of a water-delivery system to increase hydration.
Here’s how those nutrients help hydrate your skin:
- Antioxidants combat drying free radicals that prematurely age your skin. They also help calm irritated skin (think: wind-chapped face).
- Peptides are a chain of amino acids that help skin retain moisture.
- Hyaluronic acid is essentially the miracle moisture worker in this mix. One gram of this acid can hold more than a gallon of water. This naturally occurring acid not only holds water and moisturizes the skin, but also helps replenish a more youthful appearance in your skin.
- Undo Sun Damage with HydraFacial Treatments
- The Power of Water: HydraFacial Restores Hydrates, Brightens Skin
- Options for Exfoliating Sensitive Skin
Jennifer Curtin is a medical aesthetician who is nationally recognized for her expertise in medical skin care. With more than 20 years of experience in medical aesthetics, she is dedicated to the aesthetic industry and has received awards of merit including the International CIDESCO Certification, Assistant Cosmetic Laser Practitioner and National Leadership Award. Jennifer is also an expert in skin tightening procedures and the president of Skintherapy, a med spa located in the Buckhead section of Atlanta. To schedule an appointment with Jennifer, call 404-358-2961 or click here.